Key findings include:
- 31% of LGBTQ employees are fully open about their gender identity/expression or sexual orientation at work.
- This figure falls to 21% among those in senior leadership positions.
- 57% of employees believe their gender identity/expression or sexual orientation has slowed their progress at work.
- 71% of LGBTQ employees say “seeing people like me” in senior leadership positions is important to helping them thrive.
- 71% of respondents say that the support of their non-LGBTQ colleagues is “important to their ability to enjoy being at work.”
Read more to discover how the LBGTQ+ employee experience influences their ability to succeed at work.
Location: Available online, here.
Ziegler, M., & Rauh, C. (2020). Visible Growth; Invisible Fears Getting to Equal 2020: Pride. Retrieved from https://www.accenture.com/_acnmedia/PDF-128/Accenture-Getting-Equal-2020-Visible-Growth-Invisible-Fears.pdf#zoom=40