- San Diego State University Graduate to Receive the 2021 Orangefiery Best Master’s Thesis Award by the Institute for Public Relations
Posted on September 7, 2021
Larkspur, Calif. – Corinne Zilnicki, a recent graduate from the master’s program at San Diego State University, will receive the 2021 Orangefiery Best Master’s Thesis Award from the Institute for Public Relations. Her study, “Lying Through One’s Tweets: How False Rumors Deter Public Compliance During Crises” investigates how misinforma ...Read More...
- IPR Welcomes Four New Trustees: Laura Duda of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Heather Kernahan of Hotwire Global, Steffen Kurzawa of Sandoz, and Kristena Lucky of BCW
Posted on August 24, 2021
Gainesville, Fla. – The Institute for Public Relations is thrilled to announce the addition of four new Trustees to its Board:
-- Laura Duda, Senior Vice President, and Chief Communications Officer, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
-- Heather Kernahan, Chief Executive Officer, Hotwire Global
-- Steffen Kurzawa, Chief Communications Off ...Read More...
- IPR Welcomes Five New Trustees
Posted on June 22, 2021
Gainesville, Fla. – The Institute for Public Relations is thrilled to announce the addition of five new Trustees to its Board:
· Jonathan Adashek, Chief Communications Officer, IBM
· Arielle Patrick, Chief Communications Officer, Ariel Investments
· Diana Littman, CEO, MSL
· Peter Lucht, Head o ...Read More...
- Reflecting and Reaffirming IPR’s Commitment to DE&I
Posted on May 25, 2021
As May 25 is an important day of reflection for the remembrance of George Floyd, the Institute for Public Relations is reflecting on the commitments we made and the work we still need to do.
The George Floyd Memorial Foundation has identified May 25 as a Virtual Day of Action, to honor George Floyd’s legacy. To learn more, visit their website ...Read More...
- In Remembrance of Dr. Kathleen Kelly
Posted on May 4, 2021
The IPR community pays tribute to the former trustee of 12 years, Dr. Kathleen Kelly. Below are memories offered by some of her closest friends and colleagues:
Dr. Kathleen Kelly
We are deeply saddened by the news that Dr. Kathleen Kelly, a retired professor at the University of Florida, passed away on April 28 at the age of 77. Dr. Kelly was ...Read More...
- Communication Saves Lives: Experts Call for Ethical & Effective Communication to Handle Covid-19 Global Pandemic
Posted on April 14, 2021
Gainesville, FL - In partnership with the international professional and academic associations of public relations and communicators, the Institute for Public Relations launched the Statement on Communication of Covid-19 Pandemic calling for honest and effective communication.
More than a year since the World Health Organization first declared t ...Read More...
- IPR Welcomes a New Trustee: Therese Van Ryne of Zebra Technologies
Posted on March 15, 2021
Gainesville, Fla. – The Institute for Public Relations is thrilled to announce the addition of a new Trustee to its Board:
Therese Van Ryne is Global Director of PR, Thought Leadership and Advocacy for Zebra Technologies. She joined Zebra as part of the acquisition of Motorola Solutions Enterprise business in October 2014. She and her team ...Read More...
- IPR Welcomes Two New Trustees: Alan Sexton of Prudential Financial and Carreen Winters of MWWPR
Posted on February 10, 2021
Gainesville, Fla. – The Institute for Public Relations is thrilled to announce the addition of two new Trustees to its Board:
Alan Sexton, Chief Communications Officer, Prudential Financial, Inc.
Carreen Winters, Chief Strategy Officer and EVP, Corporate Reputation, MWWPR
Alan Sexton is Chief Communications Officer of ...Read More...
- IPR Selects USC Graduate Student for its Inaugural IPR + TLF Research Fellowship
Posted on February 10, 2021
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Institute for Public Relations (IPR) and The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) are pleased to announce that the recipient of the inaugural IPR + TLF Research Fellowship is Kaelan Hicks, a graduate student at the University of Southern California. Hicks will work closely with IPR President and CEO Tina McCorkindale, Ph.D., APR ...Read More...
- 2020 Year in Review
Posted on January 12, 2021
Download Infographic (PDF): IPR YIR 2020 Infographic
Thank you for your continued support in 2020! We could not have accomplished all of these amazing things without you. Here is to another year full of insightful research, engaging programs, impactful leadership, and more!