Download Application: Data Design Application
Timeline for Entries:
Deadline for Entries: March 1, 2020
The grand prize of the IPR-PRIME Data Design Internship Competition is a graphic design internship at PRIME Research for six weeks in summer 2020 at the PRIME Research office in Ann Arbor, MI. During this internship, the graphic designer will work on projects such as:
- PowerPoint Report Design / Data visualization
- Multimedia Report Innovation/ Some Video Production Work
- and more!
The intern will be paid $15 an hour and given housing for the duration of the internship. PRIME Research will interview the graphic design finalists to determine the best fit. The winning designs will be acknowledged by IPR and published on the IPR website and social media channels. Further details below.
Rules & Regulations:
- Students must use research published on the IPR website. A preferred list of papers will be provided (listed below).
- Students must create a completely original design. Students must follow all copyright restrictions and must have permission to use any graphics or art from other sources.
- Infographics should be single-authored.
- All entries must submit a completed application.
Who May Apply:
- All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university. Participants must be students in a communications or graphic design program at an accredited university or college.
- Applicants must work as individuals.
- Applicants should demonstrate creativity, passion for design, and the ability to effectively communicate data/insights visually.
Applicants must have appropriate legal status to work in the US as an Intern.
Required Application Materials: Students must submit a completed application form, a resume and their original design as a JPEG or PNG file to Brittany Higginbotham at email@example.com
Selection Process: The Institute for Public Relations staff and PRIME Research team will judge each design based on content, creativity and visual appeal.
Inquiries: For any questions or comments, please contact Brittany Higginbotham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-294-1633.
Suggested Research Papers Available for Data Design Competition:
- What You Need to Know about Incorporating Behavioural Science into Public Relations: A Primer
- The 2019 IPR Future of Work Signature Study
- The 2019 IPR Disinformation in Society Signature Study
- Work-Life Balance 2.0? An Examination of Social Media Management Practice and Agency Employee Coping Strategies in a 24/7 Social World
- Taking a Stand: How CMOs and CCOs are Redefining Their Roles in Today’s Highly Charged Social, Cultural and Political Climate
- Skepticism toward CSR: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
- What Makes the Grapevine So Effective? An Employee Perspective on Employee-Organization Communication and Peer-to-Peer Communication