This summary is provided by IPR based on the original study by Accenture”
Accenture assessed how finance leaders approach ESG measurement and reporting.
A survey was completed from August — September 2021 of 640 finance leaders across six countries.
Key findings include:
- 78% of financial leaders said they were trying to understand the financial risk that is associated with ESG.
- 59% launched a new mission in their company in the last 18 months due to ESG considerations.
- 49% of respondents said that their main challenge for measuring ESG performance was the “inability to identify the right metrics and draw actionable insights.”
- 26% said their company had clear, reliable information to establish ESG key performance indicators.
- ESG reporting was embedded in core operational systems in 31% of companies.
Learn more about financial leaders’ challenges with ESG measurement