Muck Rack examined the salaries of public relations professionals in agencies, brands, nonprofits, and governmental roles across the globe.
A survey of 1,887 public relations professionals was conducted from April 12 – May 2, 2022.
Key findings include:
- Public relations professionals at brands were the highest earners, with 50% earning $100K or more annually.
- 26% earned more than $150K annually.
- Company size did not correspond with salary, but company revenue did.
- 62% of practitioners at companies with revenue of $1B+ earned $150K or more annually.
- 65% of PR pros at $1B+ companies also reported working more than 40 hours per week.
- Out of 10 industries studied, the travel and tourism industry (66%) had the highest percentage of practitioners who work over 40 hours per week, followed by the healthcare industry (65%).